Always check your portions of pasta and rice – sometimes it can be very deceiving!
|Cals per oz/28g ~
|Cals per oz/28g ~
|Frozen Rice & vegetables (as sold)||30 per oz|
|Frozen Rice (200g individual pack)||210||Approx cals always check!!|
|Uncle Ben’s (boil in the bag 62.5g)
|This makes approx 6ozs/168g cooked weight|
|Uncle Ben’s Straight to the wok rice/Express rice and boil in the bag rice all 125g dry weigh||415||These all make approx 12ozs/336g cooked weight
(two portion size)
Here are some great tips:
- When cooking rice and pasta for the family always prepare extra portions and freeze into 6oz/168g portions. When defrosting add 1 tablespoon water. (Approx 180 cals).
- While cooking rice, to keep it white and fluffy add a few drops of lemon juice.
- Have you tried the Egg Fried Rice on page 54 of your Lifestyle Plan? Served with Slimtone curry sauce and stir fry vegetables you will have a gourmet low fat meal in minutes.
- Always use the Light version of any sauces. Uncle Ben has a yummy Sweet & Sour sauce – it is one of my favourites and almost half the calories of the original.
- I find the 65g packets of individual rice (again by Uncle Ben) really convenient. They are portion controlled and sold in boxes of eight packets taking only 10 minutes to cook and calories only 212 cals per packet. These are also available in 125g packets, so please be careful as these are over 400 calories per packet and are two portion sizes………….
- Check out the selection of tasty pasta recipes on page 36 of your Lifestyle Plan. Always cook an extra portion which are great for packed lunches or snack meals.
And remember, THE PASTA DIET IT REALLY DOES WORK.
YOU WALKA PASTA DA BAKERY
YOU WALKA PASTA DA SWEET SHOP
YOU WALKA PASTA DA ICE CREAM VAN
YOU WALKA PASTA DA FRIDGE & BISCUIT TIN
YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT I PROMISE